(Stefan's bachelor's thesis @ TUGraz)
OpenPGP is a non-proprietary protocol for encrypting email using public key cryptography. It is based on PGP as originally developed by Phil Zimmermann. The OpenPGP protocol defines standard formats for encrypted messages and signatures for exchanging public keys. IAIK's set of Java-based tools misses an implementation of PGP. Yet.
Develop a PGP implementation based on the IAIK toolkit suite.
- Study RFC 4480 and related background material
- Implement a class library covering the PGP elements (Key Ids, Keyrings, ...)
- Implement the different packets
- Implement en-/decoding
- Handle Algorithm Preferences
- Test Interoperability with other implementations
- Implement a user interface to demo the workings of the library
- Project files (.zip, cleaned)
- Documentation (inline, JavaDoc)
- Readme (getting started)
- Presentation (10 .ppt slides)
- Start: ~ Feb 2014
- Month 1: Reading, IAIK tool evaluation
- Month 2: Development
- Month 3: Development, final deliverables
This thesis will be done following the/some open science principles. This basically means, I will try to publish everything I create, and use free/open formats to do so.